The primary purpose of the Claims Specialist II role is to obtain accurate information on incoming claims and input them into our claims database. The job requires accurate coding, state and federal reporting where required, maintenance of the DOT Accident Register, and incident follow-up where warranted.
- Takes initial reports of Auto Liability, First Party, Product Liability, Workers’ Compensation and General Liability claims by telephone
- Communicates with the field and outside parties to obtain claims information and input the information into our claims database
- Complete State and Federal reporting requirements on incidents/accidents where warranted
- Maintain the DOT Accident Register
- Obtains follow-up documentation from the field where warranted
- Provides support to the departments that includes filing, faxing, scanning and photocopying.