Job Summary: The primary purpose is to oversee the day-to-day Customer Service functions of a large Service Center with multiple Service Units. The Customer Service Manager ensures that all of the Customer Service Specialist tasks are completed timely, that a high level of performance is maintained, and that the standards of Ferrellgas Customer Service are achieved. In addition, the incumbent in this position will support the Customer Service pledge and adhere to the Cycle of Service/Sales and Satisfaction.
This position typically requires 2 or more years of formal education at a post secondary institution or the equivalent of 5 or more years of experience, with 1 to 3 years experience supervising employees.
- Leads a Customer Service team that provides an exceptional level of service to all Customers.
- Interviews, hires and terminate staff as needed.
- Sets clear and realistic expectations. Provides the necessary tools and resources required to achieve expectations.
- Partners with Director of Operations and other leadership to assess the quality of customer interactions throughout the Service Center.
- Provides orientation and on-the-job training for new Customer Service Specialists and ensures that the authority, duties and responsibilities for each position are defined and understood. Continues to provide cross-training on all CSS duties so that employees have the ability to do all Customer Service related functions.
- Provides coaching and guidance to continually improve our effectiveness in serving customers.
- Ensures communication of company initiatives to the CSS staff. Facilitates regular team meetings keeping employees informed about the Customer service goals and objectives.
- Provides individual performance evaluations on quarterly and annual bases.
- Manages Customer Service staffing based on Service Center business needs.
- Directs and assigns the daily, weekly, monthly Customer Service tasks ensuring timely execution to include a high level of accuracy upon completion.
- Handles all escalated customer complaints.
- Fosters and leads a positive team environment.
- Serves as liaison between customer service team, management team and corporate partners gathering information to resolve issues.
- Ensures all customer interactions are consistently and accurately maintained in the system.
- Provides a level of Customer service that fosters Customer satisfaction and positions the Service Center to grow and retain Customers.