This position is responsible for a scope of information technology, providing development and support as well as utilizing IT service providers (internal staff from centralized IT and third-party providers) to meet business needs.
Support may be provided both to users of the systems and to service delivery functions such as computer operations and help desk. Problems may be resolved by providing advice or training to users about the application systems’ functionality, correct operation or constraints, by devising work-arounds, or by defining enhancements, often in close collaboration with the systems’ developers.
Development is provided by identifying and developing new and alternative approaches to performing business activities that are made possible by the availability of information technology. This includes: understanding the underlying technology and its application, assessment of the costs and potential benefits of the new approaches considered and, where appropriate, change management and assistance with implementation.
In addition, the incumbent will take part in the design, creation, testing and documentation of changes, enhancements and new solutions. This position typically requires a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or a related field, 2-5 years experience in information systems development along with 5 or more years experience in system design, and 3 or more years programming experience.
- Works with internal customers and IT service providers to develop and recommend hardware/software solutions for short-range problems, and to support long range technology planning.
- Develops new information systems, utilizing third-party services as appropriate. Maintains and supports existing information systems.
- Participates in design meetings, review meetings and other project team meetings. Acts as business function reviewer for team members in reviews.
- Leads meetings with users, including requirements gathering, sign-off, and implementation meetings.
- Ensures that systems produced are efficient, robust and meeting the ultimate requirements of the users.
- Produces project documentation according to department standards. This includes User Requirements, Technical Design, Program Narratives, Testing, and Release documentation.
- Ensures adherence to project schedule, timely response, resolution of issues, and meets cost estimates.
- Ensures systems are tested thoroughly before submission to Q/A.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field
- 2-5 years overall experience in information systems development. Including three plus years programming and five plus years designing new systems or enhancements
- Experience with teams and projects in multiple technological and business environments required. Proven ability to manage and track complex projects and drive improvements as required. Candidates must have the ability to interact successfully with all levels of the customer and IT provider organization and drive cross-functional issues to a successful resolution. Must be analytical independent problem-solver
- Report writing software skills desired, knowledge of Oracle APEX preferred
- Knowledge of multiple application programming languages desired (such as Microsoft .NET, PeopleSoft, PowerBuilder)
- Solid knowledge of relational database design principles
- Sybase and SQL Server experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of project planning and project management
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflicting demands and problems
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of operating systems, such as Windows, DOS, and UNIX.
- Ability to work with non-technical people, translating business needs into user requirements and technical design documents
| ||Ferrellgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not make decisions based on an individual's race, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state or federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.