As winter passes and the weather begins to warm up, families all across the U.S. break out the cleaning supplies for a round of spring-cleaning projects. But just as homeowners begin to clean out their garage or make sure their windows are squeaky clean, propane users must also remember the importance of proper maintenance on their propane systems.
The following tips and services are intended to help you maintain your propane system and propane-powered appliances:
- Remove any combustible materials, such as long, dry grass, wood, or debris, that are within 10 feet of your propane tank or cylinder(s)
- If you have appliances that have not been used since last fall, such as a gas-fired pool heater or gas grill, have them inspected by a qualified service technician before using
- Do not store propane cylinders or tanks inside of buildings
- Before you start to dig to plant your spring flowers, new trees, or for any other reason, call 811 to have your utility lines marked
- Contact your local Ferrellgas office to request a copy of the Propane Safety brochure or download a copy
For more safety tips, or to learn more about Ferrellgas’ products and services, contact your local Ferrellgas propane office.